This modern LED illuminator replaces the old halogen bulb in the original Zeiss OPMI-1 surgical microscope light source. It also replaces the huge original power supply. The LED provides a much brighter, whiter light than the original, while consuming 90% less energy and generating 90% less heat. It provides full range intensity control from 0 to 100%. Eliminate bulb replacements and free up space that was used by the old power supply. The unit is self-contained with no separate power adjustment box like the original. The intensity control is right on top of the illuminator. All the old components for the lighting system are replaced. Don’t buy a new microscope for thousands of dollars because of a bad illuminator. You can keep your perfectly good microscope working for a fraction of the price of an inferior new one. All Nanodyne illuminator systems include the power supply and required cables. Everything required for the illuminator is included. Your new Nanodyne illuminator will add decades of useful life to your microscope.
PLEASE NOTE: There are three versions of this illuminator. One version fits the OPMI-1 microscope with the grey original lamp housing. The others fit the microscope with the black or white original lamp housing. Please review the product gallery images and the included items and installation instruction links below to determine which one you need. Then select “grey” or “black” or “white” from the Options drop-down menu during checkout.
- Custom-designed to replace the original Zeiss OPMI-1 surgical microscope light.
- Brightness control potentiometer is on the new illuminator.
- Easy installation with instructions and most tools provided.
- All illuminator systems are backed by our 3-year warranty.
- Illuminator Dimensions:
- Diameter of mounting section: 0.74 inch diameter
- Total length: 3.72 in
- Power Requirements: 5 to 24V/3.5W
- Brightness: 410 lm
- LED Expected Lifetime: 80% original brightness at 88,500 hours
- Material: Anodized 6061 T6 Aluminum adapter and housing
*NOTE: Set screws are pre-installed. Please inspect aluminum adapter before contact us.