This LED illuminator replaces the original Leitz Wetzlar HM LUX light. It is designed to replace up to 100W halogen lights, not mercury lamps for fluorescence work. It provides a whiter, brighter light than the original, while using far less power. Don’t replace your microscope because of a bad illuminator. Replace your old Leitz Wetzlar microscope light with a new Nanodyne LED system. All of the electrical and electronic components of the old system are replaced by our new illuminator.
On systems where the original intensity adjustment was located on the microscope we normally provide a new adjustment pot with a cable to plug into the bottom of our illuminator for controlling it. Since the original Leitz Wetzlar HM LUX light source had the intensity adjustment on a separate power supply, our standard configuration is to put the adjustment on the side of the light source as shown in the photos.
- Custom-designed to replace the original Leitz Wetzlar HM LUX light source.
- Intensity control is continuous from 0-100%.
- Brightness control potentiometer on the new illuminator is standard. Contact us if you want the adjustment on the microscope.
- Easy installation with instructions and most tools provided.
- All illuminator systems are backed by our 3-year warranty.
- Illuminator Dimensions: 3.50 x 3.25 x 3.10 inch
- Power Requirements: 5V 2.5A
- Brightness: 825 lm
- LED Expected Lifetime: > 50,000 Hours
- Material: Anodized 6061 T6 Aluminum