A modern LED replacement for the old halogen Zeiss Axiophot 2 microscope light. Provides a whiter, brighter light than the original, while consuming 90% less energy and generating 90% less heat. Intensity control is continuous from 0-100%. Problems with heat damaged bulb sockets, connector and power supply failure are all eliminated. No more bulb replacements. Problems with heat from the halogen bulb are eliminated, as are bulb changes. All the old components for the lighting system are replaced. Don’t buy a new microscope for thousands of dollars because of a bad illuminator. You can keep your perfectly good microscope working for a fraction of the price of an inferior new one. All Nanodyne illuminator systems include the power supply and required cables. Everything required for the illuminator is included. Your new Nanodyne illuminator will add decades of useful life to your microscope.
Note that this illuminator is a lower power unit which is still brighter than the original halogen. If you want our higher power version, which is over twice as bright as the lower power version, our high power unit will meet your needs at slightly higher cost.
- Custom-designed to fit the form factor of Zeiss Axiophot 2.
- The standard location for the intensity adjustment is on an existing control on the microscope. Brightness control potentiometer on the new illuminator is still an option. Contact us if this is desired.
- Easy installation and most tools provided.
- This illuminator includes its own condenser lens.
- All illuminator systems are backed by our 3-year warranty.
- Illuminator Dimensions: 2.45 x 3.01 x 2.10 inch
- Power Requirements: 5 to 24V/3.5W
- Brightness: 410 lm
- LED Expected Lifetime: 80% original brightness at 88,500 hours
- Material: Machined 6061 T6 Aluminum
*NOTE: Set screws are pre-installed. Please inspect aluminum adapter before contact us.