This modern LED illuminator replaces the old Zeiss port illuminator found on some older microscopes. The LED provides a much brighter, whiter light than the original, while consuming 90% less energy and generating 90% less heat. Full range intensity control from 0 to 100%. Eliminate bulb replacements and free up bench space that was used by the old power supply. The unit is self-contained with no separate power adjustment box like the original. The intensity control is right on top of the illuminator. Don’t waste money on a new microscope because of a bad illuminator. Your “old” microscope probably has better optics and mechanics than a new one. You can keep your perfectly good microscope working for a fraction of the price of an inferior new one. Bring your Zeiss microscope up to date. Replace the old Zeiss microscope light with a new Nanodyne LED system. All Nanodyne illuminator systems include the power supply and required cables. Everything required for the illuminator is included. Your new Nanodyne illuminator will add decades of useful life to your microscope.
If the illuminator port on your microscope has an ID of 26mm (1.02 inch) this illuminator will probably fit. Check the above pictures and the drawing in the link below for dimensions to compare with your microscope if you are not sure. If it does not fit you can return it.
- Custom-designed to fit the form factor of many old Zeiss microscope models.
- Brightness control potentiometer on the new illuminator is on the unit.
- Easy installation.
- All illuminator systems are backed by our 3-year warranty.
- Illuminator Dimensions:
- Diameter of mounting section: 1.020 inch diameter
- Total length: 3.85 in
- Power Requirements: 5 to 24V/3.5W
- Brightness: 410 lm (320 lm prior to 3/22/2017)
- LED Expected Lifetime: 80% original brightness at 88,500 hours
- Material: Anodized 6061 T6 Aluminum