This LED illuminator replaces the original Olympus BH-2 Top illuminator. Provides a whiter, brighter light than the original, while consuming 90% less energy and generating 90% less heat. Intensity control is continuous from 0-100%. Problems with heat damaged bulb sockets, connector and power supply failure are all eliminated. No more bulb replacements. Problems with heat from the halogen bulb are eliminated, as are bulb changes. All the old components for the lighting system are replaced. Don’t buy a new microscope for thousands of dollars because of a bad illuminator. You can keep your perfectly good microscope working for a fraction of the price of an inferior new one. All Nanodyne illuminator systems include the power supply and required cables. Everything required for the illuminator is included. Your new Nanodyne illuminator will add decades of useful life to your microscope.
This light is twice as bright as the original Olympus BH-2 Top illuminator. If you found the original to be acceptably bright, or even somewhat inadequate this is probably the one you want. If you found the original light to be drastically inadequate, our high power unit will meet your needs at slightly higher cost.
- Custom-designed to fit the form factor of the Olympus BH-2 Top illuminator.
- Brightness control potentiometer on the new illuminator is standard. Remote adjustment on an existing control on the microscope available on request.
- Easy installation and most tools provided.
- All illuminator systems are backed by our 3-year warranty.
- Illuminator Dimensions: 2.45 x 2.45 x 1.595 inch
- Power Requirements: 5 to 24V/3.5W
- Brightness: 410 lm
- LED Expected Lifetime: 80% of Original Brightness at 88,500 Hours
- Material: Anodized 6061 T6 Aluminum
Please see “15W OEM Lamp” version if the microscope uses 15W OEM lamp house
*NOTE: Set screws are pre-installed. Please inspect aluminum adapter before contact us.