This LED illuminator replaces the original Olympus BH-2 Top illuminator. Provides a whiter, brighter light than the original, while consuming 90% less energy and generating 90% less heat. Problems with heat damaged bulb sockets, connector and power supply failure are all eliminated. No more bulb replacements. Problems with heat from the halogen bulb are eliminated, as are bulb changes. All the old components for the lighting system are replaced. Don’t buy a new microscope for thousands of dollars because of a bad illuminator. You can keep your perfectly good microscope working for a fraction of the price of an inferior new one. All Nanodyne illuminator systems include the power supply and required cables. Everything required for the illuminator is included. Your new Nanodyne illuminator will add decades of useful life to your microscope.
This light is three times as bright as the original Olympus BH-2 Top illuminator. If you found the original light to be drastically inadequate this is probably the one you want. If you found the original to be acceptably bright, or even somewhat inadequate, our standard unit will meet your needs at lower cost.
- Custom-designed to fit the form factor of the Olympus BH-2 top illuminator.
- Full intensity control from 0 to 100%.
- Remote adjustment on an existing control on the microscope is standard. Brightness control potentiometer on the new illuminator available on request.
- Easy installation and most tools provided.
- All illuminator systems are backed by our 3-year warranty.
- Illuminator Dimensions: 3.50 x 3.25 x 3.10 inch
- Power Requirements: 5 to 24V/10W
- Brightness: 825 lm
- LED Expected Lifetime: > 50,000 hours
- Material: Machined 6061 T6 Aluminum
Please see “15W OEM Lamp” version if the microscope uses 15W OEM lamp house
*NOTE: Set screws are pre-installed. Please inspect aluminum adapter before contact us.