This LED illuminator replaces the original Nikon Eclipse 80i illuminator. It provides a whiter, brighter light than the original, while using far less power. Intensity control is continuous from 0-100%. Don’t replace your microscope because of a bad illuminator. Replace your old Nikon Eclipse 80i Microscope light with a new Nanodyne LED system. All of the original illuminator components including the power supply and adjustment potentiometer are replaced with modern new parts.
We were surprised to find that we are selling more of these units to replace operating halogen units , rather than failed original units. These replacements of functioning units are due to the far lower heat generation. On dual head teaching scopes one person has the 100W halogen illuminator under their chin. With the halogen bulb turning only 5% of that power into light, the other 95W is turned into heat to cook someones chin. The Nanodyne replacement for the Nikon 80i illuminator requires only 10W maximum, and converts 4W of that into light going into the microscope, so only 6W is converted to unwanted heat.
The Nanodyne illuminator is brighter than original due to the LED sending all of the light in the forward direction so most of it is captured by the collector lens. The halogen bulbs send out light equally in all directions, resulting in only about 20% of the light going into the microscope.
See the two links below for more details, including what is required to install the illuminator. Contact us if you have further questions.
- Custom-designed to replace the original Nikon Eclipse 80i illuminator.
- Option for brightness control potentiometer on the new illuminator or on an existing control on the microscope.
- Easy installation with instructions and most tools provided.
- All illuminator systems are backed by our 3-year warranty.
- Illuminator Dimensions: 3.50 x 3.25 x 3.10 inch
- Power Requirements: 5V 2.5A
- Brightness: 825 lm
- LED Expected Lifetime: > 50,000 Hours
- Material: Anodized 6061 T6 Aluminum