This LED illuminator replaces the original Nikon Eclipse 55i illuminator. Although the original 55i illuminator is LED, the brightness of the original can best be described as pathetic. Our replacement uses state of the art CREE LEDs designed for illumination, not the plastic molded indicator LEDs used by Nikon for their 55i illuminator that are little changed from their introduction in the 1970’s. With our illuminator you will get orders of magnitude more light intensity, with easy control from 0 to 100%. Don’t replace your high quality older microscope because of a bad illuminator. Replace your old Nikon Eclipse 55i illuminator with a new Nanodyne LED system. You can keep your perfectly good microscope working for a fraction of the price of an inferior new one. All Nanodyne illuminator systems include the power supply and required cables. Everything required for the illuminator is included. Your new Nanodyne illuminator will add decades of useful life to your microscope.
- Custom-designed to replace the original Nikon Eclipse 55i illuminator.
- New as of 3/8/2019: Our 55i replacement illuminator now provides complete coverage edge to edge with a 2X objective and 25mm diameter 10X eyepieces.
- Remote adjustment on an existing control on the microscope is standard. Brightness control potentiometer on the new illuminator available on request.
- Easy installation with instructions and most tools provided.
- All illuminator systems are backed by our 3-year warranty.
- Illuminator Dimensions: 2.45 x 2.45 x 1.52 inch
- Power Requirements: 5 to 24V/3.5W
- Brightness: 410 lm
- LED Expected Lifetime: 80% of Original Brightness at 88,500 Hours
- Material: Anodized 6061 T6 Aluminum
Included Items (if purchased before 9/14/2021) – Click for Drawing
Installation Instructions (if purchased before 9/14/2021) – Click for Document
Included Items – Click for Drawing
Installation Instructions – Click for Document
*NOTE: Set screws are pre-installed. Please inspect aluminum adapter before contact us.
There are no reviews yet.