This is an improved replacement for the original Nikon C-DSS (C-DSD, C-BD) Diascopic illuminator. This base is used with the Nikon SMZ series stereo microscopes to provide transmitted light illumination. These include the SMZ-800, SMZ 1000, SMZ-1500 and others. The high efficiency LED design gives a brighter, whiter light than the original, while consuming 90% less energy and generating 90% less heat. Problems with heat damaged bulb sockets, connector and power supply failure are all eliminated and you will never have to change bulbs again. Don’t replace your high quality older microscope because of a bad illuminator. Replace your old Nikon C-DSS (C-DSD, C-BD) Diascopic illuminator with a new Nanodyne LED system. You can keep your perfectly good microscope working for a fraction of the price of an inferior new one. All Nanodyne illuminator systems include the power supply and required cables. Everything required for the illuminator is included. Your new Nanodyne illuminator will add decades of useful life to your microscope.
- Custom-designed to replace the original transmitted light (diascopic) illuminator in the Nikon C-DSS (C-DSD, C-BD) base.
- Entire illuminator assembly is housed within the base of the microscope.
- Easy installation with instructions and most tools provided.
- All illuminator systems have full 0-100% intensity control.
- All illuminator systems are backed by our 3-year warranty.
- Illuminator Dimensions: 0.6 x 1.016 x 2.8 inch.
- Power Requirements: 5 to 24V/3.5W
- Brightness: 410 lm
- LED Expected Lifetime: >80% of original brightness at 50,000 hours
- Material: Anodized 6061 T6 Aluminum