This LED illuminator replaces the original Nikon MM40 50W illuminator. Provides a whiter, brighter light than the original, while consuming 90% less energy and generating 90% less heat. Intensity control is continuous from 0-100%. Problems with heat damaged bulb sockets, connector and power supply failure are all eliminated. No more bulb replacements. Problems with heat from the halogen bulb are eliminated, as are bulb changes. All the old components for the lighting system are replaced. Don’t buy a new microscope for thousands of dollars because of a bad illuminator. You can keep your perfectly good microscope working for a fraction of the price of an inferior new one. All Nanodyne illuminator systems include the power supply and required cables. Everything required for the illuminator is included. Your new Nanodyne illuminator will add decades of useful life to your microscope.
Note that this illuminator is a lower power unit which is still equally or somewhat brighter than the original halogen. If you want our higher power version, which is over twice as bright as the lower power version, our high power unit will meet your needs at slightly higher cost.
- Custom-designed to replace the original Nikon MM40 50W illuminator.
- Due to the convenient location of the illuminator on the microscope, the standard location for the intensity adjustment is on the illuminator housing. Remote intensity control is still an option. Contact us if this is desired.
- Easy installation with instructions and most tools provided.
- All illuminator systems are backed by our 3-year warranty.
- Illuminator Dimensions: 2.45 x 2.45 x 1.595 inch
- Power Requirements: 5 to 24V/3.5W
- Brightness: 410 lm
- LED Expected Lifetime: > 80% of Original Brightness at 88,500 Hours
- Material: Anodized 6061 T6 Aluminum
*NOTE: Set screws are pre-installed. Please inspect aluminum adapter before contact us.