This LED illuminator replaces the original Leitz Wetzlar SM LUX POL / LM LUX / Dialux 170 light source. Provides a whiter, brighter light than the original, while consuming 90% less energy and generating 90% less heat. Intensity control is continuous from 0-100%. Problems with heat damaged bulb sockets, connector and power supply failure are all eliminated. Never change bulbs again. Don’t waste money on a new microscope because of a bad illuminator. Your “old” microscope probably has better optics and mechanics than a new one. You can keep your perfectly good microscope working for a fraction of the price of an inferior new one. Bring your Leitz Wetzlar microscope up to date. Replace the old SM LUX POL / LM LUX / Dialux 170 microscope light with a new Nanodyne LED system. All Nanodyne illuminator systems include the power supply and required cables. Everything required for the illuminator is included. Your new Nanodyne illuminator will add decades of useful life to your microscope.
This illuminator is also compatible to LM LUX and Dialux 170. If your lamp port has same aluminum adapter as shown in the product photos, this illuminator fits to your microscope. Please see product photos.
This light is significantly brighter than the original. If you found the original to be acceptably bright, or even somewhat inadequate, this unit will meet your needs. If you found the original to be drastically inadequate you might want to consider our higher power version at slightly higher cost.
- Custom-designed to replace the original Leitz Wetzlar SM LUX POL / LM LUX / Dialux 170 light.
- Intensity adjustment on the illuminator housing is standard. Contact us if you want the adjustment on the microscope.
- Easy installation with instructions and most tools provided.
- All illuminator systems are backed by our 3-year warranty.
- Illuminator Dimensions: 2.45 x 3.01 x 2.10 inch
- Power Requirements: 5 to 24V/3.5W
- Brightness: 410 lm
- LED Expected Lifetime: 80% original brightness at 88,500 hours
- Material: Machined 6061 T6 Aluminum
*NOTE: Set screws are pre-installed. Please inspect aluminum adapter before contact us.